Wednesday, June 8, 2016

8.It has come to a finish....Finally

I have finally finished the Genius Project. After working hard for over 2 months the project has finally reached the ending. I feel very happy to know that the Genius Project was the last project of the year. It feels as if a ton of weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I was able to create my mixtape of original and trendy beats for my final presentation. I also accompanied the mixtape with a prezi to teach the audience what I did to make the music. I tried to make each one of the four beats have a different genre of rap. For example I made the first one a kind of underground rap beat like something that Logic would rap over. The second one was more of a chill beat that someone like Lil Yachty would rap over. The third beat was more of a 90’s Gfunk beat. That is a genre that someone like Tupac would have rapped over. The final beat I made was a Legend of Zelda remix. I doubt that anyone would rap over this beat, but rappers are always changing genres and surprising fans nowadays. I found this project to be frustrating because it was hard keeping up with the blog posts. Writing 400 meaningful words in 30 minutes is kind of hard for me to do. The Genius hour teacher expected me to do this so I struggled in class. Because I am not the fastest writer, I had a lot of blog posts to catch up on. Since I did not do all of the writing in class it really started piling up. About a couple of days ago I had 5-6 blog posts I had to do because I was very slow and procrastinated. It is a huge relief to know that I am done with the year. It is one of the best feelings you can have in school. I would recommend to the freshmen who are going to do the Genius project next year to be on track for blog posting. I would also tell them to stay focused in class and write as much as you can. I would want them to know this simple saying “The more you write in class, the less you have to write outside of class”. I put an emoji that to me represents being thankful that something has ended. This has been a fun experience, although it has also been very nerve racking and frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment