Wednesday, June 8, 2016

4.Switching Software

So far so good it has been fun but exhausting making beats. The biggest change I have made in my plan is changing to Logic Pro X. Logic pro X is just way more refined and beginner friendly than FL. While FL is good, it also can be hassle sometimes. The main problem is that since I was using the free version of FL I could not save my projects. If I have paid for FL then I could have been able to save and reopen projects. The reason why this is a hassle is because if I want to make a beat, it has to all be in one sitting or without shutting off the computer. I found this to be a problem because once I had a melody and bassline that sounded great, but I accidentally closed the tab and it was lost forever. This made me angry and frustrated because I had worked for over 2 hours to perfect those sounds and with one mis-click is was deleted. I had gotten a macbook recently and I heard about a music making software called Logic Pro X. I knew that the pros used it and it was relatively cheap for what its is. I looked into the pros and cons between buying Logic Pro X and FL Studio, and Logic seemed to win on all levels. The main factor that made me choose Logic Pro was the fact that it is one hundred dollars cheaper than the paid version of FL. I went to the apple store and bought a version of Logic Pro for around $199. This may sound like lot of money to pay for software to make music, although a producer knows that good software is the starting point of a musical genius. Professional producers use Logic Pro X because of all the features is has to offer. The only problem I face now is trying to learn a new software. In some aspects the interface is similar, but since Logic Pro is for mac many of the function keys are non existent. For example in FL I could use the function keys delete or rewind a bar. Other than that my project has been going pretty smoothly. I think that I will be able to finish in time to pass 10th grade. I just need to be able to keep on track to finish my blog posts in time. Below is a screenshot of what Logic Pro X looks like if you wanted to see what the interface is. See you in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment