Tuesday, June 7, 2016

3. Off to a great start!

I am feeling very excited and and ready to take this project on. I want to do a good job in general but more specifically the final product. I want my mixtape to be heard by hundreds of people so I can get my name out as an excellent producer. I am most excited to start making beats using the new software I got. I recently downloaded FL Studio and I hope to produce beats that sound like a high budget production. High Budget production beats are most of the time radio quality. What this means is that most rap beats have the potential to be on the radio, it is just the hook is not catchy enough or the artist is not well known. I want to create radio quality beats using free software. I think that doing this would prove that you don’t need the best equipment to become a producer. Many people looking into producing always get detoured because software and recording peripherals can quickly add up. Professional Studios have thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment. This is because of all the foam padding on the walls, mics, stands, mixers, computers, speakers, software, and MIDIs. So far I just have a macbook and free software to start producing beats. I hope to eventually buy a MIDI and mic once I get the money. So far I am enjoying making beats and I could see myself getting into it more seriously in the future. I think that during summer when I have more free time, I am going to start producing more often. I am looking forward to also collaborating with other producers like Blas, Marcos, or Andres. All three of them are very talented already, and I hope to be as good as them soon enough. I am hoping that either one of the the of them would teach me how to use FL and a MIDI. This project still seems very fun and interesting to me. I hope that I chose a good topic that I won’t get bored of easily. I have faith that I picked a topic that will keep me engaged throughout the whole project. Below I have inserted a picture of a rapper named Meechy Darko. He is one of the rappers in a group called Flatbush Zombies. They are know for having unique lyrics and beats. I used this picture because he is giving a thumbs up. A thumbs up represents how I feel about the Genius Project at this moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment