Monday, April 11, 2016

5. Making progress!

Hey Neal here and i just wanted to keep you guys up to date on what I have been working on. I am currently making great progress on my Genius Project. I have started making the beats that are going in my final mixtape. I am still trying to find a name for my new song. I am thinking of something along the lines of "Choppa". I am also starting to learn how to use the the software better. The settings and actual uses of the program. I am still deciding on wether or not to use a keyboard MIDI or to use the one built in to the software. A keyboard MIDI is a external keyboard with a drumpad that plugs into your computer. With the midi plugged into your computer it makes it easier to record and make music that sounds consistent. I still have a lot of work to do regarding making the actual beats. I want to make multiple songs that go on a mixtape that I will upload to Soundcloud. I have only begun making my second beat. The first song is a trap style beat. Trap is a type of rap that started in the slums and has made its way to people all over the United States. I am feeling great about the project so far. I am a little stressed though with how much work it takes to produce music. The first song that I made took me a little over 3 hours in total. Although some of that time was spent learning the software, it still took a very long time. Even professional producers like Dr.Dre, Sonny Digital, and Young Chop take hours in the studio to make a professional and radio-worthy beat. You can usually tell when a song is going to go viral by the beat. If a song's beat makes you want to jump up and down and dance then chances are it is going to be big on the radio soon. I have had to make some changes to my original plan. I planned that I would make my music using Fl Studio, although I recently got a mac and started using Garageband. Garageband seemed much easier to use than Fl Studio. It is much more beginner friendly than its counterpart. Below I have linked a tutorial that I want to base my second song on. I want to make it sound similar but not exactly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment